Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Perspective

In 1997 I became a small business owner.  Specifically, I opened a catering business with my good friend, the aforementioned Onion Breath.


Today I had to email a long-time client to let him know that I wouldn't be able to cater his lunches after July because the next phase of my life is beginning and this one is ending.  If you had asked me where I'd be 16 years later, I would have truly had no clue.  But I can guarantee that even though it's rocky at times, that there's no place that I'd rather be right here and right now rather than in this very place.  I don't have a job (yet).  I'm not at my goal weight (yet).  But things are heading in the right direction.  And I don't mean to be sad, but, if only he who his cheering me on from beyond were here in the flesh it would be a complete little slice of heaven.  Nonetheless, I will carry on and recognize that things are pretty good the way they are.


1 comment: