Tuesday, January 8, 2013

16.4

So, I guess I should explain my weight loss goals. First of all, in order to get my knee fixed I need to lose 103 pounds total.* Then, after that, to be in a health BMI range I need to lose 111 more for a total loss of 214 pounds.

*Here's the thing, though, the need to lose 103 pounds is just my best remembered guess of what the doctor said. The truth is that I think I tuned him out after the part where I was too fat to have the surgery. I really don't know what the number is.

Therefore, I decided awhile back that I would get to 275 pounds and then go to the doctor's office and find out for sure. I know that weighing 275 will still be too much, but I figure that having lost 78 pounds to get there will be enough to demonstrate that I'm serious about this and not just'wasting their time' to find out what to do next.

And... that brings me to the heart of this post. I only need to lost 16.4 more pounds to get to 275. I've been having kind of a crappy, sad day today, but figuring out this number has made me feel much better.

So, thank you 16.4, you're my new lucky number. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment