Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bonnie Park and Dave's Running

Today I completed my second 5K of the year.  This one was very personal to me.  It was held at Bonnie Park a favorite of Dave's and the same park where we held his memorial last August.  I achieved my goal of running the entire length of the 5K and my official time was 50:12.

Ninety pounds and 2 5K races later, I am so happy to be where I am today and so grateful for his ever-present inspiration.  And so I present the same inspiration to you, my friends, as I told a woman today who was doing her first 5K race ever, it doesn't matter where you finish, what matters is that you showed up to the race.  Take care of yourselves the best that you can for yourself and for those that love you, too.

Many thanks to the folks at Dave's Running for my awesome shirt in memory of my Dave.  The kindness of strangers never ceases to amaze me.







2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award today! Go check it out on my page: http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/2013/04/very-inspiring-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete